Nuts About Science Policies
After School Session Policies
ABSENCE AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY WAIVER POLICY: It is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to ensure that students arrive at and are promptly picked up from after school science class. All personal absences are forfeited. Excel Enrichment II LLC, Nuts About Science, their agents, employees or administrators will not assume any liability. By participating in this program in any way whatsoever you hereby release and hold harmless expressly and forever Excel Enrichment II LLC and Nuts About Science, their instructors, employees, and volunteers from any and all liability, for any claim, demand, injury, expense, damage, action or cause of action arising out of or connected with the services or facilities of these entities, including those arising from acts of active or passive negligence. I understand that all tuition is non-refundable.
- Registration for after-school science sessions opens three weeks before the session begins and closes one week before the session begins.
- Dates are listed on our After School Page.
- Once you’ve registered your child for a session of classes and completed payment, you’ll receive a confirmation email the day of registration and a detailed informational email one week before classes begin.
- A full refund will be issued if a cancelation request is made before registration has closed.
- Once registration has closed, we will issue a 50% refund.
- Once the session has started there are no refunds.
Snack: Students may bring a small, healthy snack to enjoy at the beginning of class if it is allowed at their school. (Winchester students are not allowed snacks in the classroom).
Illness/Missed Class: Email me if your child is ill or cannot attend a class during the session. We will save the materials and give it to them when they return.
Parent Helper: If you are registered as a parent helper and are ill and cannot attend a class, please email Jennifer price at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we can make arrangements for a substitute.
School Cancellation: If your child’s school is canceled/closed on a day they normally have after school science class we will utilize the make-up date at the end of the session. If there are more than one school closures during a session of after-school science classes, we will issue a partial refund for the missed class and supply students with the materials for the class along with a link to a video of the lesson.
- Please pick up your child from the Front Door of their school at the scheduled class end time. We’ll try our best to be on time releasing students.
- If you need to pick-up your child(ren) early, please email Jennifer Price at email@example.com and let us know.
- Students who attend childcare after class will be escorted there.
- There is a $10 cash late fee – due at the time of pick up – if a student is picked up 15 minutes or more after the class has ended.
We follow a three-step approach to student behavior issues including but not limited to: continually disrupting class, interrupting instructor, disrespectful speech, not following safety procedures, and harming another student.
- Verbal communication or an email will be made if there is a behavior issue with a student.
- If a student’s behavior issue persists after the first communication a Behavior Contract will be given to parents either after class or via email. The contact must be filled in and signed by the student and their parents before the student will be allowed to return to class.
- If a student’s behavior issue persists after the Behavior Contract has been signed, a Parent Accompaniment request will be given to or email to a student’s parents. If a parent cannot accompany their child to after school science class, they will not be allowed to attend class until a parent/guardian accompanies them.
Special Event Policies
Event Deposit: We require a $50 non-refundable deposit to reserve a date for an In-School Science Adventure, STEAM Night, Science Party, Scout patch or other special event. The $50 deposit is taken off the final amount due after the event has taken place.
Event Cancellation: If an event is canceled by Nuts About Science an alternative date will be scheduled, or the deposit will be refunded if the event cannot be rescheduled.
If an event is canceled by a client, we (NAS) will attempt to reschedule the event, if an event is not rescheduled the deposit is not refunded.